The Community Council is a recipient of a Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) which provides funds to help alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities.
Funding supports projects that:
- Lessen poverty in communities
- Address the needs of low-income individuals
- Provide services and activities addressing employment, education, better use of available income, housing, nutrition, emergency services and/or health.
Three Major Poverty Alleviation Goals:
- Individuals & Families are stable and achieve economic security
- People live healthy lives with economic opportunity to increase self-sufficiency
- People are engaged and active in building opportunities in community – ownership and pride in their communities