No prior teaching experience required. Rach lay leader receives a training manual. To learn more about other support for lay leader/coaches, please call 214-871-5065.
As a Volunteer Lay leader for Chronic Disease Self-Management and Diabetes Self-Management Programs, you’ll coach older adults with ongoing health conditions including diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, depression, high blood pressure and other physical and mental conditions towards healthier, more satisfying lives.
• Motivation to help yourself and others with chronic health conditions
• Attend 4 ½ days of training
• Commitment to co-facilitate one to two class sessions per year for our Dallas County locations
As a Volunteer Coach for A Matter of Balance classes, you’ll assist older adults to overcome their fear of falling and lead them toward healthier, more satisfying lives. Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities.
• Motivation to help yourself and others
• Attend one day training
• Commit to co-facilitate one to two class sessions per year for our Dallas County locations
Contact Info: For information on leading Empower!You classes, call 214-871-5065