• Economic Mobility

    Moving people out of poverty and into living wage employment.

  • Emergency Rent or Utility Assistance


    broken image

    Did you know?

    The poverty rate in Dallas is the third highest in the country and considered one of its top challenges. Community Council of Greater Dallas believes access to financial assistance and additional opportunities for people with disadvantaged backgrounds is a major component to the solution.


  • Qualifications for assistance 


    As of September 7, 2023, our rental assistance queue is full through October 31, 2023. We are moving as quickly as we can to process current requests. No new applications will be accepted. Thank you for your understanding.

    Emergency rent assistance is only open to Dallas County residents who are below 200% of the federal poverty level depending on funding availability.


    No utility assistance can be provided at this time. Please contact Dallas County Health and Human Services.


    Your landlord or leasing office must agree to work with Community Council of Greater Dallas. Our online portal closes after the maximum amount of applications have been reached for the month.  Services are provided on a first come, first served basis and we will contact everyone as soon as possible. At this time, we are currently only able to assist with up to one month of rental assistance. 


    All participants must meet income guidelines to qualify for services. Income is based on gross household income for the previous 30 days of employment. Only income for adults 18 and older will be assessed to qualify.



    broken image

    Important information

    • Dallas County residents only.
    • Adding ALL family members to your online application is beneficial to confirm eligibility in a timely manner.
    • Be prepared to submit ALL necessary documents to support application for assistance to your assigned Community Council staff member.
    • Services are provided on a first come, first serve basis and are subject to program funding.
    broken image


    • Solo para residentes del condado de Dallas.
    • Agregue a TODOS los miembros de su familia a su solicitud para confirmar su elegibilidad de manera correcta.
    • Esté preparado para enviar TODOS los documentos necesarios para respaldar la solicitud de asistencia a nuestro trabajador asignado.
    Si cree que califica para los servicios, haga clic aquí para aplicar.

    Click the link below to get started

  • FAQs

    check out our frequently asked questions page for more information on our emergency services program.

  • Looking to check the status of your application?

    click the link below

    Client SURVEY

    Have you received assistance from us?

    To better help improve our services, please take our Client Satisfaction Survey.